Panasonic WhisperComfort Spot Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) offers a revolutionary way to provide balanced venilatiuon with a ceiling insert ERV. Affordable and easy to install, WhisperComfort is energy efficient and provides fresh ventilated air while maintaining indoor air quality.
Tightly built homes and buildings minimize passive air leaks. An exhaust-only fan may create negative pressure. WhisperComfort solves this by supplying air to replace exhausted air, helping to balance air pressure within the home.Panasonic WhisperComfort spot ERV uses two 4 inch ducts - one to exhaust stale air and the other to supply fresh air from outdoors. Its low rate, continuous run ensures chemicals such as volatile organic compounds (VOC's) and other pollutants from cleaning fluids and building materials are vented out and replaced with fresh air.
WhisperComfort is a ceiling insert sport ERV ideal for a single room. The unit provides a low rate of continuous air exchange. Fresh air is supplied while maintaining balanced air pressure. This is an affordable way to add ERV to a specific room or a new addition. Ideal for home office, game rooms, family rooms.
Whole House ERV
WhisperComfort may also be suitable to meet whole house ventilations requirements under ASHRAE 62.2.
ASHRAE 62.2 2007 Standard
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) set a standard for whole house ventilation, requiring that continuous mechanical ventilation be 7.5 CFM per bedroom (master bedroom x 2) plus 1 CFM per 100 square feet, with sone level not to exceed 1.0 Panasonic WhisperComfort ERV is an affordable, efficient way to meet this ventilation standard.
- Washington State VIAQ Code: Yes
- California Title 24 Compliant: Yes
- Areas where temperatures fall below 20 degree F this unit runs on exaust only. Do not install in temps above 104 degree F.
- For a 1,750 sq. ft. 2 bedroom home, only one unit is required to meet the ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirement.
- Not for use in a bathroom
- Static Pressure (in inches w.g.) 0.1
- Air Volume (CFM) 40 @ 0.1 static pressure
20 @ 0.1 static pressure
10 @ 0.1 static pressure
- Air Volume Supply (CFM) 30 @ 0.1 statistic pressure
20 @ 0.1 statistic pressure
10 @ 0.1 statistic pressure
- Noise (sones) 0.8 @ 40 CFM
<0.3 @ 20 CFM
- Power Consumption (Watts) 23 @ 40 CFM
21 @ 20 CFM
17 @ 10 CFM
- Speed (RPM) 1479 @ 40 CFM
1292 @ 20 CFM
1095 @ 10 CFM
- Current (Amps) 0.15 @ 40 CFM
0.10 @ 20 CFM
0.09 @ 10 CFM
- Power Rating (V/Hz) 120/60
- Motor Type AC Condenser
- Type of Motor Bearing Ball
- Thermal Fuse Protection Yes
- Blower Wheel Type 2 x Sirocco
- Heating % 66% @ 30 CFM
- Cooling % 36% @ 29 CFM
- Duct Diameter (inches) 2 x 4"
- Mounting Opening (inches sq.) 19 1/2" x 14 1/4"
- Grille Size (inches sq.) 20 3/4" x 16 3/4"
- Light No
- Washington State VIAQ Code Yes
- California Title 24 Compliant Yes
- Mfg in ISO 9001 Certified Facility Yes
- Gross Weight (lbs.) 24